By entering a vacation rental property managed by Canyon Services, you are accepting complete adherence to the rules set forth below:
- Canyon Services Operations Office is located at 9020 South Blackjack Road, in the Village at Sugarplum Complex, Alta, Utah, 84092. It is at the end of the Upper Driveway on the right. Phone 801-742-3880.
- Regular Operations office hours are 8:00 A.M. – 5 P.M. Monday through Sunday. We have night managers on duty to assist you with after-hours questions, and after-hours check-in. After 5:00 PM our night manager will answer your call. If you are unable to reach the office by phone, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- For additional reservations information, please do not hesitate to contact us or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Check-in: after 4:00 P.M.
- Check-out: before 10:00 A.M.
- Additional time outside of these hours will incur a fee
Night Manager Contact Information
- Operations Office at The Village at Sugarplum: 801-742-3880
- The Meadows, The Sugarplum Townhouses and Superior Point: 801-742-3880
- Powder Ridge Manager: 801-742-2624
- Hellgate Manager: 801-742-2020
- You will receive an invitation to download our Check-in app (Hospitality by Glad to Have You) upon receipt of the completed rental agreement.
- The app is full of helpful information for planning your trip, including links for booking discounted Shuttle Service from the Airport, Restaurant recommendations through Yelp and Order forms for discounted Lift Tickets.
- Your detailed check-in information, which includes directions and other important information, will be available in the app, with garage codes and wi-fi information for your stay accessible beginning on your check-in date.
- Early arrivals and/or late departures may be accommodated, when possible, by contacting the Reservations Office. There is an additional fee for this service.
Minimum Night Stay
- The minimum night stay varies between 2 - 30 nights, depending on the season.
Deposit: Non-refundable grand total is due at the time of booking.
Reservations between 61 - 209 prior to arrival
Deposit: Fifty (50%) of the total rent plus any insurance and fees** (excluding tax) is payable at the time of booking. Balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
Reservations 210 night or more prior to arrival
Deposit: Fifty (20%) of the total rent plus any insurance and fees** (excluding tax and cleaning) is payable at the time of booking. 5 subsequential payments of 16% of the total rent and taxes are due monthly with the balance due 150 days after the initial booking.
We require a valid credit card to make a reservation (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). Your final payment will be charged automatically to the credit card on file. We do not accept cash, checks or Discover Card.
We occasionally have rental properties available for longer term stays. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All fees once paid are non-refundable.
No refunds for late arrivals or early departures. Management reserves the right to terminate your contract with no refund if any rules set forth here or in the Rental Agreement have not been adhered to. Please view our deposit and cancellation policy here.
Ground Transportation and Arrival/Departure Information
- We ask for your arrival times into the Salt Lake so that we can alert you to potential road closures.
- We have partnered with several reputable companies for transportation options: Rental SUV or Shuttle reservations, please click the links to book directly.
- Our housekeeping staff works diligently to prepare each vacation rental property for your arrival. We provide clean bed linens and bath towels in each unit. We also provide an initial supply of tissue, toilet paper, paper towels, bath soap, laundry and dish detergent, as well as garbage bags. We do not replenish these products during your stay. Most properties are equipped with a washer and dryer.
- Please leave the property in the same general condition as it was when you arrived. Staff will arrive shortly after your departure to inspect and thoroughly clean the vacation rental. All food and drink spills need to be cleaned up immediately. Food and drink spills on carpet and furnishings are considered damage (not normal wear and tear) and the cleaning for these will be covered by the Accidental Damage Coverage (if purchased). Guest authorizes Canyon Services to charge the credit card on file for the cost of any damage over the $3000 limit or damage not covered by the Accidental Damage Coverage Policy. Please use consideration and do not wear ski boots, golf cleats or spiked heels on inside floors.
- The refrigerator and freezer need to be emptied of all food and free of spills. Dishes need to be rinsed and placed in the dishwasher. All garbage needs to be gathered and put in the kitchen. Please leave dirty towels in the tub or shower and leave bed linens on the beds.
- In the event that there is excessive cleaning needed or damage to the unit, your credit card will be charged following your departure. Your signature on the Rental Agreement indicates your knowledge and agreement to this stipulation.
- No pets are allowed in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The Alta Snowbird area is drinking watershed for Salt Lake City. For more information visit the Town of Alta website.
- Smoking is prohibited in and around all rental premises. Should it be discovered that there has been smoking in a unit – all smoke remediation and cleaning charges associated with removing the odors from furniture and unit will be charged to the credit card on file. This situation is NOT covered by the Damage Coverage Policy.
- 10:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M. Please no loud music or conversations outside during quiet hours. Please exercise courtesy while on decks and in outdoor hot tubs.
- Each property is assigned specific parking – in most cases one garage spot per unit. Additional parking space is VERY limited. Please coordinate with your group, as additional parking may be off-site.
- Maximum occupancy for each vacation rental property is stated on your confirmation letter, Rental Agreement and in the property descriptions. If you exceed maximum occupancy, stated on the Rental Agreement, you may be asked to leave with no refund. Please see that the number we have on file and the number you have in the unit match. We do not allow guests to sleep on floors or sofas that are not actual beds. Canyon Services rents to adults over the age of 25. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Interlodge = Avalanche Control work
- Interlodge can occur when Little Cottonwood Canyon receives heavy snowfall in a short period of time, or when there's a warming of the snow-covered cliffs in the spring and avalanche conditions are high. When Interlodge is declared by the Alta Marshal and or Snowbird Safety, guests are required by law to stay in their rental unit until the interlodge is lifted. Usually, avalanche control work is completed quickly, making it safe to be outdoors.
- Interlodge can last from 2 - 12 hours, though can be longer than 48 hours. Some condos are more likely to become interlodged than others.
- Canyon Services will not be held liable for expenses incurred due to interlodge including transportation, additional and/or lost lodging, etc.
- It is important that you have provisions in the event of a road closure or interlodge. Bring at least two days of groceries for each person in your party. The nearest grocery stores are in Salt Lake City over 30 minutes away. Please use our Grocery Stores page to located a store that will work for you and for information.
- Many of our Alta and Snowbird properties provide a hot tub for guest use. All hot tubs are cleaned and refilled prior to each guest arrival. Use at your own risk. Guests will be held responsible for any damage to the hot tub or hot tub cover. Canyon Services will not be held liable as a result of misuse of the hot tub. Drain and refill during a stay will incur an additional charge.
- Keys may be obtained at the Operations Office located at the Village at Sugarplum. If keys go lost or missing, guests will be responsible for the charges to change the locks on the home.
- Our Accidental Damage and Breakage protection, provided by CSA, is available with your reservation to cover unintentional damage or breakage up to $3000 for non-refundable one-time fee of $35. Any damage that exceeds $3000 will be the responsibility of the guest whose name is on the reservation, hereinafter called “Guest”. All damage must be reported immediately and prior to check-out for Canyon Services to repair/replace said damage.
- This coverage does not limit the responsibility of the contract holder for additional charges, nor does it cover intentional, willful, reckless or malicious damage. It does not cover gross negligence of a Guest, Guest’s children or invitees or intentional misuse of furnishings, appliances, equipment or other amenities. It does not cover damage while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The coverage does not cover extraordinary cleaning or damage and extra cleaning resulting from smoking or misuse of the property or damage resulting from the operation of any motorized vehicle by a Guest, Guest’s children or invitees.
- Guest authorizes Canyon Services to charge the credit card on file for the cost of any damage over the $3000 limit or damage not covered by the Accidental Damage Coverage Policy.
- Damage Coverage is not available for residents of New York or Hawaii.
- CSA provides our guests with excellent travel insurance coverage to protect your vacation investment. It is highly recommended that guests take advantage of this coverage due to the strict cancellation policy.
- Travel Insurance is not available for residents of New York or Hawaii.
- Recreation in a Mountain environment has inherent risks. In the winter, icy and snowy conditions on walkways, pathways, stairs and driveways in and around properties can pose a risk. Every effort is made to remove snow in the winter and make the premises as safe as possible, however, surfaces may remain slippery, walkways may collapse and snow may slide or fall from roofs. Icicles pose a serious hazard. Please wear boots and other appropriate footwear. Please do not allow children to climb on snow banks or play under the eaves of any structure. Playing in the snow anywhere around the rental properties is undertaken at the sole risk and responsibility of the Guest or the Guest’s invitees.
- In the unlikely event that Canyon Services is unable to deliver use of a rented property, due to fire, eminent domain, acts of nature or other situations beyond our control, Canyon Services sole responsibility is to provide the use of a comparable rental unit.
- Canyon Services assumes no liability for loss, damage, or injury of guests or guests’ invitees or their personal property. You hereby fully release and discharge Canyon Services Property Management and it’s homeowner(s) for all claims, damages, or causes of action by reason of injury or other cause, and hold Canyon Services and homeowner(s) free and harmless of any claim or suit arising from you and any other guest in connection with the occupancy of the premises. We accept no liability for stoppages of transportation, utility services, inclement weather conditions, or natural disaster that may occur before, after or during a vacation home rental period, nor can we be responsible for any other conditions beyond our control.
- Canyon Services reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for any damage, theft and/or excessive cleaning. Violation of any of these policies may result in additional fees and early termination of guest’s stay.